Wiltshire Museums & Heritage Centres
* Seasonal limited opening -check the website
† Museum accredited by the Arts Council
- Aldbourne Heritage Centre -facebook page
- Amesbury Museum & Heritage Centre
- Alexander Keiller Museum, Avebury† – English Heritage’s museum of Avebury archaeology
- Castle Combe Museum – The museum has closed on losing its home; the collection is cared for by Chippenham Museum
- Boscombe Down Aviation Collection
- Atwell-Wilson Motor Museum, Calne -Private car museum
- Calne Heritage Centre
- Chippenham Museum† – Town Council museum
- Chiseldon Museum * -museum of Chiseldon Local History Group
- Richard Jefferies Museum†, Coate near Swindon -home of the Wiltshire writer
- Corsham Area Heritage & Information Centre
- Cricklade Museum† * -Volunteer-run museum of the town and its district
- Kennet & Avon Canal Museum, Devizes – The K&A Trust’s museum.
- Wiltshire Museum, Devizes† -The premier collection of archaeology in northern Wiltshire, part of the Wiltshire Archaeology & Natural History Society.
- Fox Talbot Museum, Lacock† -National Trust museum of photography
- Lackham Agricultural Museum -closed and its collection dispersed; the Wiltshire Folklife collection is now part of the Wiltshire Museum, Devizes.
- Athelstan Museum, Malmesbury† – Formerly North Wiltshire Council, now independent
- Market Lavington Museum† * – Small independent local history collection, with a big Museum Blog site (this is no longer added to after the death of Rog Frost, the Hon. Curator)
- The Merchant’s House, Marlborough -17th century interiors
- Well House Collection, Melksham -local history collection
- Mere Museum† – Small museum in the town’s library
- Pewsey Heritage Centre† – Independent collection in an agricultural engineer’s works, recently reopened after major work
- Purton Museum† – Independent museum of local history and archaeology, in the library.
- Salisbury Museum† – The main museum for Salisbury and South Wiltshire
- The Wardrobe (Rifles Berkshire and Wiltshire Museum)†, Salisbury -for the Wiltshire Regiment history
- Stonehenge Visitor Centre
- Museum of Computing @ Swindon†
- Steam, Swindon† -The museum of the Great Western Railway
- Swindon Museum & Art Gallery† -Municipal multi-disciplinary museum
- Lydiard Park†, near Swindon -Stately home/art gallery/museum/park
- Trowbridge Museum† – Town Council museum, with a special interest in the woollen cloth industry.
- Dewey Museum, Warminster – Local history society collection, displayed in the library.
- Westbury Visitor Centre
- The Science Museum†*, Wroughton
Bradford on Avon Museum has no responsibility for the content of the linked sites