.

Pub and Club Games

Bradford on Avon, Wiltshire

.

Bradford on Avon Town Club billiards team 1956

The successful billiards team from Bradford on Avon’s Town Club in 1956. They are, from the left: R. Farley, W. Crossman, L.H. (Leonard) Elms and the captain, H. Harris. The club’s tables, mostly for snooker these day, are in what was once the Methodist Chapel that was built for John and Charles Wesley, which is at the back of the club (and Stumble Inn pub) in Market Street. The Wesleys may not have approved.