The Museum Collection -a virtual museum
Here you can learn about the heritage of Bradford on Avon from objects in the Museum, from wherever you are!
The largest part of the Museum’s collection is the contents of the chemist shop. It is referred to as the Christopher Collection and can be explored from the list of links on the right.
- Archaeology: • Stone Age • Bronze Age • Roman • Medieval • Post-medieval
- Natural science: • Fossils • Minerals • Rocks and stone • Mollusc shells
- Metal trades: • Iron founders • Blacksmiths • Agricultural engineers
- Building trades: • Builders, Plasterers • Plumbers • Carpenters • Bell-hangers • Gas-fitters
- Clothing trades: • Haberdashers • Drapers • Tailors & outfitters • Cobblers
- Shopkeepers: • Grocers • Bakers & confectioners • Butchers • Greengrocers & fruiterers
- Brewers • Wine merchants • Publicans
- Woollen cloth manufacturers
- Rubber manufacturers
- Printers & publishers
- Quarriers, stonemasons
- Farmers, horticulturists
- Tradesmen’s tokens
- House and home
- Church and chapel
- Recreation and sports
- Local government and services
- Military: • Civil war • World War 1 • World War 2 • Photographs
- Souvenirs & Guides
Remember, you can always look up particular things at “search this site”- top right corner of every page.