Broughton Gifford

Broughton Gifford is the easternmost parish of the Bradford Hundred, bordering on Melksham. It was not part of the Manor of Bradford that was given to Shaftesbury Abbey in 1001, and was still in the King’s hands at the time of Domesday Book in 1086. However, it was a part of the Bradford Hundred under the Abbess of Shaftesbury,...

Read More