Limpley Stoke Station
The station dates from 1857, when the Bradford to Bathampton branch of the Wilts Somerset & Weymouth Railway (WSWR) was finally completed by the Great Western company (GWR). A small yard was used to load building stone from nearby quarries, but closed in 1960.
Limpley Stoke became a terminus and a junction in 1910 with the construction of the Camerton Branch of the GWR’s North Somerset Railway. The line mostly handled coal traffic from the Somerset Coalfield; the coal trains crossed on to the main line then into sidings between Stoke and Freshford. A short terminal platform was provided for passenger trains running to Hallatrow.
The station closed in 1966, but the building survives, with a reproduction name board.